Monday 22 April 2013

Styx

This was a quick paint-job, and nice to complete - a lot of times quick outcomes are useful for me to renew my motivation; seeing stuff finished helps me finish more stuff more easily if that makes sense  and given my history of painting slumps over the past few years, anything that helps fight or avoid that is a 'good thing'.

Therefore, painting Styx was not towards the end of gaming with it any time soon (that won't happen but I'll explain why later in the post), but simply I felt motivated, and it was quick to paint which is a winning combo for me. Looking at the pics, I am pretty pleased with how it turned out (although a couple of extra fine highlights were added after photographing it).

The swirl design I decided to do as a green glow-y thing; I chose green as all my Black Sun will have green as a colour motif, which is also reflected in his collar (and which is in keeping with the colours of Clover). I do need to touch up the left eye a bit but that should be reasonably quick an easy.

So onto why I won't be gaming with Styx any time soon. Well rules-wise Styx is an Undead dog; being Undead means that he can become Uncontrollable. He purposefully has an automatic chance of that occurring if Promethea (also from the same Black Sun Starter Box as Styx, along with a Type-005) is not in play; so obviously intended to play in a Party with Promethea then? Not quite. The Type-020: Verrier has an option to be upgraded to Type-021: Queen, and if I read the rules right that excludes Styx from his Uncontrollable rule while the Type-021: Queen is still on the table. He is still self-evidently better with Promethea in play (he essentially acts as her bodyguard and some of his rules only trigger from that), but I have two minis I can paint up, that either of which will allow Styx to be fielded without going wild. That said, the only advantages that Styx has over a typical Type-005 is better mobility, Hidden and a nice Attack that can only be used from Hidden; whereas the Type-005 will have better Damage, Armor and LP.


Running Totals
Anima Tactics Minis: 94
Anima Tactics Minis Painted: 15
Painted Minis Percentage: 15.96% (percentage of AT minis owned that are painted)

2 comments:

Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget