Thursday 11 September 2014

Claude Valmore

Claude Valmore is a former member of the Cerberus Division, thought dead when they disbanded. A devout follower of the Arbiter Arkeid, and now serves the Azur Alliance when once he was a soldier of the Empire.

Finishing this model this week this surprised me. I started him as an afterthought when painting Dagger, since I decided they would share some colour scheme similarities. Once I got under-way I found I had done more and more, and it was useful to resolve a couple of colour problems on them both. Claude had been assembled for some time I know, because he was under-coated in black which I haven't done for quite a while. So a long wait after assembly, but a fairly quick turnaround (in my terms!) once painting was commenced.

I cannot see Claude getting much game time, unless his rules get fixed at some point. He has a reasonable trait line for his costs and looks quite tough, however even as a 'tank' type the problem for me is his Actions; they are all dependent on your opponent's Attacks, which means that Claude can be largely ignored in a straight fight. Unlike similar units, he does not have a Special Attack or Charge. Since basic Attacks can be  used by everyone, there is nothing really advantageous for him or a compelling reason to choose him over other units at the same cost. Individually his Actions are not terrible, it is just that they are all reactive and enemy-dependent which is a big flaw in my opinion; if he had his own Special Attack or Charge he could be an excellent choice.

Maybe he will get trotted out in a themed Azur-'Armor force', but even that seems unlikely. It could be that I am missing or overlooking something very significant about him, but I don't think so.

Running Totals
Anima Tactics Units: 163 (added: nothing new but I still have two minis on pre-order)
Anima Tactics Units Painted: 63 (59 different units)
Painted Units Percentage: 38.7% (percentage of AT minis owned and painted)
Anima Tactics Range: 152 units (including 2 LE minis; including September as he still is due for presumably imminent release)
Percentage of Whole Range Painted: 38.8%
Year to Date Target: 22 of 27 units (3 per month target; 81%)

2 comments:

  1. Nice addition to the completed pile. Its great to be able to suddenly grab a mini thats wip and just get it finished before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate, and you are right about the pleasant feeling of suddenly finishing something unexpectedly. :)

      I hope to get at least one more AT figure finished this month, so maybe that will be the one I was really working on!

      Delete

Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget