Saturday 7 January 2017

New Year, New Impetus?

Apologies that the blog has been dormant for so long. My hobby attention has been elsewhere and I failed to meet my small-ish target of of twelve Anima Tactics minis in 2016 and only finished one - due much to the lack of motivation that the lack the new releases or news creates.

In the past couple of weeks a picture has emerged of the casts of the Anima Tactics minis rewards from the Anima: Gate of Memories Kickstarter project. That has res-parked a little motivation for me, but whether it will be sufficient remains to be seen. The Nameless is on the left and The Bearer on the right.

Anima Tactics minis seem to be very scarce now, which is not unexpected. However, Anima Studios (seemingly calling itself Anima Project now) is showing increased signs of life with a Twitter account and a new Forum, and there have been assurances of progress on some kind of return for Anima Tactics which would be marvellous, even if logistically very challenging (I believe that the moulds and masters were with Cipher Studios, so bringing all those existing minis back into the game or a new version of the game could be very expensive).

On top of that, I managed to snag a rare unreleased mini last year, almost completing my collection.

I wait to see what 2017 holds, and i hope to paint more than one Anima Tactics mini in anticipation.

16 comments:

  1. Thank You for sharing :) Let's hope, Anima shall rise again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to hear there is still some hope for the game.
    I have just had a good offer for the mini's I got (about 50 or so) from a guy who plans to use them for RPG's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be happy if some kind of support is forthcoming. :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds good. If your up for a game of it at some I don't mind being an opponent :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like an excellent idea, and may help reignite my AT painting mojo. :)

      Delete
  4. Mother of God...

    I don't know whether to cry or fall to my knees and scream my joy out unto the heavens! I know you sait that it was just a possability, but that's enough for me!

    I just discovered this blog today, but I will say that you've gotten yourself a followr sir!

    (Maybe they could fund production through a kickstarter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much bloodhawkone. :)

      To me KS would be the obvious way to do it, but that is fraught with its own challenges, not least that it has taken 3-4 years and AS has yet to fully deliver on Gate of Memories.

      Things are still quiet on 'what next' for Anima Tactics, but I retain some hope. :)

      Delete
  5. ^^ Just found this blog today. It has given me some hope :)
    I don't have your aspirations to collect every anima mini, but I'd like to collect every Wissenschaft mini and card. Also that Celia with wings...
    What was the unreleased mini you got your hands on? And dare I ask how? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi V Yuusha - thanks for stopping by. :)

      The unreleased mini I manged to get hold of was the broken wing Celia. I am very, very lucky. :)

      Delete
  6. Did they come with rules for the game?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every mini came with a card detailing its rules. There were also printed, small rule books in starter sets, as well as a large rulebook with the stats of a decent chunk of the range that was sold separately.

      The basic rules can be found in PDF format with a little googling.

      Delete
    2. I was talking about The Nameless and The Bearer, I did find rules just not official pic of stat card on AT oracle

      http://atoracle.wikidot.com/en-the-bearer-of-calamities

      http://atoracle.wikidot.com/en-the-nameless

      Delete
  7. @pulpcitizen old Anima Tactics gamer here. I want so ask you something about Anima, if possible. Drop me a message.

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget